Did you know that nearly 21 million premium cigars were shipped to the US during January 2021? That’s a massive 55% increase from the previous year.
But why do people smoke cigars? There is a wide range of answers to this question. The main one is the flavors you can take away from cigar smoke.
If you are new to the world of cigars, you will want to know how to smoke cigars properly. Keep reading for a quick explanation.
How to Smoke Cigars
There is a massive difference between cigars and cigarettes. Bare this in mind as you continue reading.
With cigarettes, you inhale the smoke. This is not the case with cigars. When you puff on a cigar, keep the smoke in your mouth. If you inhale it, you will end up a coughing mess.
Take Your Time
When you draw on your cigar, you should take your time with it. Don’t try and take as much smoke in as quickly as you can.
Take smaller pulls and space them out. Take a drag every minute or two. Taking a pull in any shorter amount of time will burn the cigar too hot. It will stop the flavors from releasing correctly within your mouth.
You should also take into account taking pulls with too much of a gap. Doing this will cause the cigar to go out.
The more you smoke, the more you will come to terms with the timings. There is no need to get a stopwatch out.
How to Taste
You will want to get as many flavors from your cigar as you can. Here are a few tips for you to achieve the fullest taste you can.
- Before you light your cigar, have a smell of it. Can you sense any flavors jumping out at you?
- As mentioned above, take your time. Don’t overheat the cigar and kill the flavor.
- Hold the smoke in your mouth. This will allow your mouth to sense the flavors better. It will also give you a more pungent aftertaste.
- Try inhaling the smoke through your nose. Use can your sense of smell to pick out some flavors.
- Have a glass of water at hand. By keeping your pallet fresh, you will notice far more flavors.
How to Extinguish
Don’t stub out a cigar. If you leave it to rest, it will extinguish itself.
Stubbing it out will only cause a smell to be released. Rest it on your ashtray and return to it later.
Best Cigars to Smoke for Beginners
If you are looking for good cigars to smoke for beginners, then choose from these options:
- Rocky Patel cigars
- Juliany Petit Corona
- Cohiba Siglo I
- Swag Connecticut VIP Petit Robusto
- Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robusto
- Motecristo No.3
Smoke Your Stoogie the Right Way
You now know more about how to smoke cigars. Remember these points, and you will witness how great cigars can be.
Do not inhale the smoke. Take your time with the experience. Taste as many flavors as you can.
Don’t forget to read some more of our great articles on health matters, living your life, and business talk.